The program provides commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers an easy to understand overview of DOT’s alcohol and drug testing requirements in the 11 key areas for complying with the regulatory requirements of 49 CFR §382.601(b).
The Alcohol & Drug Testing: Driver Awareness/Training Program is available in both English and Spanish versions. The kit consists of
- (1) 25-minute, closed-captioned video (DVD)
- (1) Instructor’s Guide
- (11) Driver Handbooks
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM
- (1) Awareness Poster
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet (perforated to provide 10 cards)
- (11) Alcohol & Drug Testing Reference Cards
- (1) Confidential Alcohol and Drug File Packet (forms to help satisfy the record keeping requirements of 49 CFR §382.401)
The product is eligible for free shipping. For additional component details, pricing, and discount information, see Alcohol & Drug Testing: Driver Awareness/Training Kit DVD – English & Spanish.
Contents of the DVD
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – (access to chapters by topic)
- Explains the testing requirements for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers and what is considered a safety-sensitive function.
- Required Testing
- Reviews Pre-employment testing (for drugs) and Post-accident, Random, Reasonable Suspicion testing (for drugs and alcohol), and, when necessary, Return-to-duty and Follow-up testing.
- Alcohol Testing Procedures
- Reviews what drivers can expect to encounter when they must report to a testing facility, including a BAT (breath alcohol technician) or an STT (screening test technician), an EBT device (for evidential breath testing), and demonstrates how breath alcohol testing is done.
- Drug Testing Procedures
- Reviews what drivers can expect to encounter when they must report to a testing facility for collection of a drug screening sample, including the role of a MRO (medical review officer).
- Reiterates the need for required alcohol and drug testing for the safety of the motoring public.