Safety Topic: Safety Tips
According to IAPA President and CEO Maureen Shaw, there are five simple steps employers should take to promote safety and health in the workplace:
- Show commitment to workplace health and safety at the CEO and senior management level.
- Have workers participate in workplace safety efforts.
- Have an effective joint health and safety committee.
- Comply with legislative regulations.
- Provide training and education for employees in occupational health and safety.
“The sad fact is that workplace fatalities, injuries and diseases are preventable, but too many organizations haven’t yet made that commitment to making workers’ health and safety a real business priority,” Shaw adds.
Reported in: Occupational Hazards