To help employees understand how to weld safely, this Course is designed to present fundamental information on safe welding practices.
Upon completion of the Course, employees should:
- Understand why obtaining "authorization" before beginning welding operations is vital, and why welding is prohibited in certain areas of a facility.
- Know how to guard against sparks starting fires.
- Recognize how welding fumes can contaminate the workplace, and how to avoid exposure to this hazard.
- Know what substances can be especially hazardous when being welded, and how mechanical ventilation devices can help control toxic fumes.
- Understand how using glasses, goggles and/or welding helmets can protect against the intense light emitted during welding.
- Understand how personal protective equipment can prevent injuries during welding operations.
- Recognize the specific electrical hazards associated with Arc Welding.