To help address these issues, this Course is designed to present the fundamentals of chemical safety to all employees.
Upon completion of the Course, employees should:
- Have an overall understanding of the basis for "Right-To-Know" laws and regulations.
- Understand the general concepts behind potential hazards presented by chemicals in the workplace.
- Have a good understanding of the terms and language used in discussing chemical hazards.
- Be able to recognize the major types of hazardous chemicals.
- Have a good knowledge of the characteristics of each type of chemical.
- Understand the effects and potential hazards created by each type of chemical.
- Know how to obtain and use chemical safety data.
- Know how to respond to chemical spill/leak/accident situations.
- Know basic first aid that can be used if anyone is injured using chemicals.
Right to Know Hospitality Industry