Roadside Inspections: A Driver's Guide, 2nd Edition - DVD Training
Second Edition version includes a 10-minute CSA bonus segment.
One failed roadside inspection can lead to a driver or vehicle being placed out of service, and that can result in more of your drivers being selected for inspections. This in turn can lead to ...
- delivery delays
- lost revenue
- DOT fines
- fewer customers
- a damaged company image
- an in-house DOT audit!
That's why it's important to make sure your drivers are properly prepared for roadside inspections — and understand the consequences of a failed inspection.
Plus, CSA 2010 will be placing a much greater importance on the results of each and every road inspection - good or bad. Good roadside inspections mean your carrier is receiving good safety data in the CSA 2010 system.
Prepare your drivers for roadside inspections. Roadside Inspections: A Driver's Guide, Second Edition is specifically tailored for drivers and carriers to help them pass roadside inspections, and covers the following topics:
- Roadside inspections - who conducts them and why
- The Six Levels of Inspections
- How drivers should prepare for a roadside inspection
- How drivers should prepare their vehicles for a roadside inspection
- How drivers should conduct themselves during a roadside inspection
- CVSA out-of-service criteria
- Results of a failed roadside inspection
- Consequences of a failed roadside inspection
The Roadside Inspections: A Driver's Guide training program includes several ready-to-use training tools (select components are available for individual purchase):
- (1) 20-minute, closed-captioned DVD - The program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels. Includes 40 minutes of DVD bonus materials.
- (1) Instructor Guide - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session. 16 pages.
- (11) Driver Handbooks - Review key points and include a quiz to check drivers' understanding of the material. 20 pages.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with handouts, quizzes, clip art, posters and a training log.
- (11) Tractor-Trailer Inspection Cards
- (1) Awareness Poster - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The training program also features ...
- Advice from safety professionals, trainers, and drivers
- Loads of facts and figures concerning roadside inspections
- An inside look at what roadside inspections are all about and what drivers should do to prepare for one
- Information on the consequences faced should a driver have a poor inspection, as well as how such an inspection can affect their professional career
- Information on how a poor inspection can affect the reputation and bottom line of drivers and carriers
Roadside Inspections: A Driver's Guide, Second Edition - DVD Main Menu:
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- CSA Specific Introduction
- Main Program Introduction
- Six Levels of Inspection
- Level I - North American Standard of Inspection
- Level II - Walk-Around Driver/Vehicle Inspection
- Level III - Driver/Credential Inspection
- Level IV - Special Inspections
- Level V - Vehicle-Only Inspection
- Level VI - Radioactive Materials Hauler Inspection
- The Inspections
- The Driver
- The Vehicle
- The Documents
- The Results
- Preparing for an Inspection
- Consequences of Failed Inspection
- CSA and Roadside Inspections - Bonus Segment
- Commentary – Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews - EYE ON Speed & Space Management and Right Turns/Left turns/Intersections Previews - Offers a sneak peek at related training programs