Personal Protective Equipment: Safe At Work
Training on proper PPE use to help avoid accidents and injuries
This training will help employees understand their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding themselves against on-the-job hazards. It's equally effective as an orientation program for new employees or as refresher training for veteran workers.
The training provides the perfect blend of straightforward facts, risk control scenarios, J. J. Keller's exclusive "Check On Learning" exercises, and how-to information.
Personal Protective Equipment: Safe at Work also helps your company fulfill the requirement that employees prove they can properly use PPE before they're considered "officially trained." Of course, it's always best to supplement this training with hands-on training at your own facility.
The Personal Protective Equipment: Safe At Work interactive training covers the following critical PPE safety topics:
- Eye and face, head, hand, and foot protection
- Respiratory protection
- Hearing conservation
- Employee responsibilities and hazard awareness
- Equipment care, storage, and maintenance
Employees whose jobs occur wherever PPE is necessary by reason of hazards of processes or environment, chemical hazards, radiological hazards, or mechanical irritants encountered in a manner capable of causing injury or impairment in the function of any part of the body through absorption, inhalation or physical contact.
29 CFR, Part 1910.132
Approximately 1 hour.
After completing this course, employees will be able to:
- Understand which Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is right for a particular situation
- Undertsand how to wear PPE properly
- Understand how to keep PPE in good condition
- Identify situations where PPE may be necessary