Master Driver: Vehicle Inspections
Shows drivers the importance of routine vehicle inspections.
If you want your drivers to take their skills to the next level of professional excellence and motivate them to become the safest drivers on the road, Master Driver videos are a great solution!
This program covers a critical safety topic in 12 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
Vehicle Inspections helps your drivers realize that routine inspections are essential to preventing breakdowns, out-of-service delays, and crashes. It discusses the importance of performing daily pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspections.
It also addresses required and recommended inspections, a standard procedure for conducting them, and the driver's vehicle inspection report (DVIR).
This training program comes with the following:
- (1) 12-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features), the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
Master Driver: Vehicle Inspections - DVD Main Menu
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.)
- Hazard Perception Challenge Question – The video opens with an inspection scenario.
- Introduction – Explains that CMV drivers are responsible for conducting thorough pre-trip, on-the-road, and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Pre-Trip Inspection – Reviews a seven-step vehicle inspection process and emphasizes that drivers should conduct their inspections the same way every time so they don't miss anything.
- On-The-Road and Post-Trip Inspections – Reminds drivers about the requirements to conduct on-the-road and post-trip vehicle inspections, including filling out a driver vehicle inspection report (DVIR).
- Conclusion – Emphasizes the critical need to conduct thorough vehicle inspections and to complete accurate and legible DVIRs.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer – The video closes with an inspection scenario.
- Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews – Offers a sneak peek at a related training program.