Master Driver: Speed & Space Management
Reminds drivers of proper speed and space management techniques.
If you want your drivers to take their skills to the next level of professional excellence and motivate them to become the safest drivers on the road, Master Driver videos are a great solution!
This program covers a critical safety topic in just 11 minutes, and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros!
Speed & Space Management drives home the dangers of speeding and failing to maintain an appropriate space cushion. This training helps raise safety awareness in drivers, and helps them develop the right attitude to drive safely and efficiently.
Areas covered include driving too fast (and too fast for conditions), speed and curves, appropriate following and stopping distances, handling hazards around the vehicle, and more.
This training program comes with the following:
- (1) 11-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
Master Driver: Speed & Space Management - DVD Main Menu
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.)
- Hazard Perception Challenge Question – The video opens with an erratic driving scenario.
- Introduction – Explains that as a professional driver, it's critical to always maintain the right speed and to manage the space around your vehicle.
- Speed Management – Discusses how the best way to manage your speed and space is to make sure you always have enough stopping distance, and reviews the factors (perception distance, reaction distance and braking distance).
- Space Management – Reviews what to look for in front of, behind, on both sides, above, and below your rig.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes the need to leave yourself adequate room to stop at all times, and to maintain a space cushion around your vehicle.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer – The video closes with an erratic driving scenario.
- Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews – Offers a sneak peek at a related training program.