Master Driver: Extreme Weather Driving
Gives drivers helpful guidance for handling extreme weather conditions.
If you want your drivers to take their skills to the next level of professional excellence and motivate them to become the safest drivers on the road, Master Driver videos are a great solution!
Available in DVD, this program covers a critical safety topic in just 14 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
Extreme Weather Driving helps reduce incidents and crashes due to weather hazards by demonstrating to your drivers what to do when bad weather strikes. Sound advice and techniques are provided for handling a variety of potentially deadly conditions, such as fog, rain, snow, ice, and wind.
This training program comes with the following:
- (1) 14-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features) or VHS, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
Master Driver: Extreme Weather Driving - DVD Main Menu:
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.)
- Hazard Perception Challenge Question – The video opens with an icy roadway scenario.
- Introduction – Explains that bad weather demands knowing more than how your rig handles in different kinds of weather; it demands that you have a grasp on how the road is affected by prevailing conditions.
- Be Prepared for Severe Weather – Discusses the key factor is making sure your vehicle is in top condition by performing a complete and thorough pre-trip vehicle inspection.
- Fog – Reviews the most common visibility problem and strategies for dealing with it.
- Rain – Reviews the most common weather problem and strategies for dealing with it.
- Snow – Reviews how falling and blowing snow contribute to reduced visibility and reduced traction, and strategies for dealing with both issues.
- Ice – Reviews why icy roads account for the slickest of driving conditions and why black ice is the most dangerous hazard. Reviews clues to watch for to know when ice may be forming, and strategies for dealing with icy conditions.
- Wind – Reviews the affect strong winds have on your ability to maintain control of your rig and strategies for dealing with windy conditions.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes the need to prepare your vehicle and take proper precautions when driving in extreme weather conditions.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer – The video closes with an icy roadway scenario.
- Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews – Offers a sneak peek at a related training program.