Master Driver: Driving Techniques Reinforces the importance of safe driving techniques.
If you want your drivers to take their skills to the next level of professional excellence and motivate them to become the safest drivers on the road, Master Driver videos are a great solution!
Available in DVD, this program covers a critical safety topic in just 11 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
Driving Techniques provides a fast-paced refresher on routine driving skills. This training program helps reduce incidents and crashes by showing drivers how to deal with hazards inherent in the most routine driving situations. It also introduces defensive driving skills to new drivers while serving as a wake-up call to complacent veterans.
Areas covered include defensive driving techniques, right- and left-hand turns, intersections, merging, passing, underpasses, railroad crossings, and more.
This training program comes with the following:
- (1) 11-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features) or VHS, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
The Master Driver: Driving Techniques - DVD Main Menu
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.)
- Hazard Perception Challenge Question – The video opens with a low underpass scenario.
- Introduction – Explains that certain driving techniques require special attention in your daily routine no matter how routine they may seem.
- Defensive Driving – Discusses hazard perception: recognizing and correctly reacting to potential emergencies that you encounter while on the road.
- Turns and Intersections – Examines proper turning techniques for intersections, including mentally planning your turns in advance.
- Underpasses – Reviews how to safely negotiate underpasses and the importance of good trip planning to avoid low underpasses.
- Railroad Crossings – Reminds drivers that the way to handle all railroad crossings is to always be alert and to always expect a train; also reviews safe crossing guidelines.
- Merging and Passing – Addresses a key trouble spot for many drivers: how to safely change lanes when merging or passing.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes the need to be completely aware of your rig and your surroundings at all times, and that it's critical to good driving technique.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer – The video closes with a low underpass scenario.
- Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews – Offers a sneak peek at a related training program.