Hazard Communication: Regulation and Risk - CD-ROM Training
Satisfy OSHA's hazcom training requirements and help minimize risk with this all-in-one training program.
Well organized and ready to deliver, this training program provides a fresh, new approach to training. It introduces the major components of OSHA's most commonly violated standard through a risk scenario employees can relate to. It’ll help you meet OSHA's training requirements under the Hazard Communication Standard and teach your employees the essentials of working safely with hazardous chemicals.
Hazard Communication: Regulation and Risk covers the following topics:
- The Hazard Communication Standard
- What makes a chemical hazardous?
- Hazardous Chemical inventory
- the Written Program
- "Portable Containers"
- MSDSs and how to read them
- Working with and exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
All employees who have an exposure or a potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals. It’s targeted at employees who need a general overview of the Hazard Communication standard’s requirements.
29 CFR 1910.1200 and 1926.59
Approximately 1 hour.
After completing this course, employees will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of the Hazard Communication Standard
- Explain the use of the hazardous chemical inventory
- Explain the information contained in and the use of MSDSs
- Explain the importance of hazard warning labels, and the labeling system used in your facility
- Discuss the information and training requirements of the standard
- Explain the purpose of the written program and how to access it