DOT HAZMAT General Awareness - Interactive CD-ROM Training
Created specifically for the Department of Transportation's HAZMAT Training regulation on Handling and Transporting Hazardous Materials, this training program provides the information necessary to comply with the regulation's "General Awareness" training requirement.
DOT HAZMAT General Awareness focuses on employees who handle hazardous materials. It reviews a number of topics aimed at making these employees more aware of situations in which they may encounter hazardous chemicals, the nature of the hazards, and the issue of taking appropriate security measures when dealing with hazardous materials that the DOT has added to the regulation.
Topics covered include:
- The regulation itself
- Hazardous materials, definitions and classes
- Hazard communication
- Hazard "indicators", such as labels, shipping papers and placards
- Where hazardous materials may be encountered
- Packaging and storage
- Transport (trucks, ships, rail, etc.)
- Security risks and terrorism
- And more!