Bucket Truck Safety Training For Operators
Meets OSHA Bucket Truck Safety & Training Guidelines. The program shows your bucket truck operators where the hazards are and how to avoid them.
Bucket truck work puts operators at risk every day. For their protection, and your company's, a solid and thorough training is essential. The Bucket Truck Safety Training For Operators DVD Kit, will give your operators the training and safety guidelines they need to stay safe and accident free.
A comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable program for bucket truck safety, this one-of-a-kind kit has everything you need to deliver professional training on the subject. The kind of training your operators will benefit from for years to come. Developed with OSHA, ANSI, and S.I.A. guidelines and regulations in mind, the Bucket Truck Safety Training For Operators kit covers critical material your operators need to stay safe, including:
- personal protective equipment
- truck inspection and maintenance
- the most common bucket truck hazards
- what can happen when safety becomes secondary
- special considerations for foul weather
- fundamental precautions
- operational differences between trucks
- responding in emergency situations
- fall-arrest systems
- setting up at work sites
- working in the bucket
This kit comes with a wide range of support materials so you can conduct a dynamic, and engaging training program. Here's what's included for one low price:
(Some kit components are also available for purchase separately, please see order box above)
- 18-Minute Video (DVD) - closed captioned (1)
Reviews key safety regulations and procedures. Includes compelling interviews with experienced trainers and operators.
- Instructor's Guide (1)
Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session. No need to spend time writing what you want to communicate ... we've done it for you!
- Employee Handbooks (10)
Provides a portable, plain-English reference to be used during and after training. Reviews key points and includes a quiz to check trainees' understanding of the material.
- Training/Operator Reminder/Skill Cards (10)
Help your operators review and remember key training issues. Provide space for writing in important emergency contact names and phone numbers.
- Wallet Cards (10)
Proof of training your operators can carry with them (available in sheets of 10).
- Awareness Poster (1)
Colorful poster highlights the topic and provides a visible reminder long after training is complete. Mount it on the wall in your training room, or in high-traffic employee areas.
DVD Main Menu
(The Bucket Truck Safety Training For Operators training program is available in DVD only)
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Real-life stories of accidents involving bucket trucks
- Brief overview of the information covered in the video
- Bucket Truck Overview
- The four major components
- Bucket requirements
- Guards, ground GFCIs, warnings
- Insulated and non-insulated models
- Operator Training
- OSHA training requirements
- Annual refresher training
- Hard hats
- Eye protection and fire-resistant clothing
- Fall-arrest systems
- Additional safety equipment
- Inspection and Maintenance
- The steps of a daily vehicle inspection
- Maintenance requirements
- Keep Equipment Clean
- Slipping and tripping hazards
- Fire hazards
- Driving and Setting Up at Work Sites
- Walk-around inspections
- Be aware of clearances
- Approaching the work site
- Checking for hazards
- Getting into position
- Working in a Bucket
- Weight limitations
- Removing climbers or gaffs
- Using a fall arrest system
- Boarding the truck and bucket properly
- Raising the boom
- Watching for obstructions
- Staying "boxed in"
- Checking load lines
- Lifting a load safety
- Responsibilities of ground control
- In Case of Emergency
- Contacting emergency services
- Basket rescues involving electrocution
- Brief review of key safety points
- Encourages workers to always work safely in bucket trucks
- Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary - Offers interviews by industry professionals.
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.