Bucket Truck Safety Training For Operators
The Bucket Truck Safety Training For Operators DVD Kit, is designed to provide bucket truck operators the training they need to comply with OSHA's regulatory requirements and to remain safe and accident free on the job.
Bucket/boom truck operators face many risks and dangers. OSHA regulations state that employers are responsible for providing appropriate aerial lift safety training to employees who work with Bucket Trucks, also otherwise known as Boom Trucks and Cherry Pickers. Therefore, for the the safety of your workers and the protection of your company, it is essential that you provide thorough and effective training to your bucket truck operators.
The bucket truck training kit is easy to use and has everything you need to deliver professional training to your workers. Topics covered include
- fundamental precautions for bucket truck safety
- daily checklist (circle-check) prior to beginning work
- PPE (personal protective equipment)
- avoiding common bucket truck hazards
- danger of neglecting safety precautions
- preparing for bad weather -- wind gusts and storms
- understanding operational differences between trucks
- how to respond in emergency situations
- working safely in the bucket
- the importance of fall-arrest systems and how to use them correctly
- stability and avoiding tip overs hazards
- worksite inspection and setup procedures
- safety inspections for upkeep and maintenance
The kit consists of the following components (some of the components are also available for purchase separately, please see order box above):
- 18-Minute Close Captioned Video DVD (1) - The bucket truck safety video covers important safety regulations and procedures. Includes interviews with experienced operators and bucket truck trainers to illustrate in compelling ways the importance of safety training.
- Instructor's Guide (1) - The guide provides professional guidelines, training tips and background information to help instructors conduct effective and interesting training courses.
- Employee Handbooks (10) - The handbooks provides plain-English references to important course material that can be used during and after training to reinforce training lessons including reviews of key points and a quiz to test trainees' understanding of the course material.
- Training Reminder/Skill Cards (10) - Skill cards help trainees remember important safety topics. The cards have space for writing in important contact names and emergency phone numbers and are convenient to carry.
- Wallet Cards (10) - Wallet cards are certification of training your operators can carry in their wallets (available in sheets of 10).
- Awareness Poster (1) - The poster provides colorful and attractive reminders of important safety points and is suitable for mounting on training room walls or other high-traffic employee areas.
The following is an outline of the contents of the training video (DVD):
- Intro & Overview
- Real-life stories of bucket truck accidents to drive home the importance of safety
- Major components of a bucket truck
- Bucket safety guidelines such as guards, ground GFCIs.
- Insulated versus non-insulated models
- Operator Training
- OSHA training requirements
- Annual refresher training
- Bucket truck safety checklist
- Head protection including hard hats.
- Eye and fire protection
- Fall prevention and fall-arresting systems
- Other job specific safety equipment
- Avoiding Common Accidents
- The importance of keeping equipment clean
- Avoiding slipping and tripping hazards
- Fire safety
- Setting Up at the Work Site
- Walk-around inspections
- Being aware of clearances
- Approaching the work site
- Checking for hazards
- Getting into position
- Working in a Bucket (Aerial Platform)
- Load limits and weight guidelines
- Tree/pole climbers and gaffs
- Fall arrest systems
- Boarding and exiting the bucket
- Raising and positioning the boom (boom lift training)
- Obstructions and clearances
- Concept of staying "boxed in" while working
- Inspecting load lines
- Safe load lifting procedures
- Communications and responsibilities of ground control
- Contacting emergency services
- Electrical hazards and basket rescues involving electrocution
- Quiz and Reviews
- Interactive questions to reinforce training
- Key points for working safely with bucket trucks
The comprehensive training material meets OSHA's bucket truck training requirements (29 CFR1910.67, 1910.269(p), 1926.21, 1926.453, 1926.502) and conforms to the material design & use guidelines from ANSI/SIA (A92.2, A92.3, AA92.5, A92.6) for bucket-truck/boom-truck/aerial-lift operators.