Backing Training Kit
Solid training on one of the most important, most-used driving maneuvers.
Keller's Backing Training Kit can help you train your drivers on backing basics to help avoid costly damage to your vehicles.
At the core of this kit is a 15-minute video featuring vivid, attention-getting 3-D animation and solid advice from veteran drivers. The video addresses common backing maneuvers your drivers must know how to perform, including:
- straight-line backing
- alley dock backing
- parallel parking
- blind-side backing
- jack-knife backing
Accompanying the video are 10 driver handbooks that serve as both follow-along handouts during your training and as handy references after your training. Other print materials are also included in the kit to help you maximize the effectiveness of your training.
The kit includes the following materials:
- (1) 15-Minute Video
- (1) Instructor's Guide - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (10) Driver Handbooks - Provides a portable, plain-English reference to be used during and after training; improves retention of material covered.
- (10) Wallet Cards - Use to verify that your employees have received training. Sold in sheets of 10. Prices are per card.
- (2) Awareness Posters - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees about the importance of the topic.
The Backing training kit DVD includes a wide range of added features!
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections (access to chapters by topic)
- Acknowledges that backing is one of the major causes of accidents, vehicle damage, property damage, etc.
- General Backing Guidelines
- Reviews general guidelines that apply to all backing maneuvers, such as don’t back if you don’t have to and effectively using a spotter.
- Before Backing
- Discusses why you must get out and look before backing.
- Steering Principles
- Discusses basic steering principles when backing, such as “jacking and chasing” and getting in the right starting position before you begin to back.
- Straight Line Backing
- Reviews and illustrates the easiest type of backing maneuver and how to do it correctly.
- Alley Dock Backing
- Reviews and illustrates the most common type of backing maneuver and how to do it correctly.
- Sight Side Jackknife Backing
- Reviews and illustrates backing from the sight side(driver’s side) and how to do it correctly.
- Blind Side Jackknife Backing
- Reviews and illustrates backing from the blind side (passenger side) and how to do it correctly.
- Parallel Parking
- Reviews and illustrates the most difficult backing maneuver that a professional driver must know how to do.
- Conclusion and Review
- Recaps the basic backing guidelines and emphasizes that proper backing procedures should be followed every time to avoid an incident.
- Commentary – Offers interviews by industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
The Basic System Requirements are:
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel- compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)