In his speech at the AMERICAN SOCIETY OF SAFETY ENGINEERS (ASSE)
Annual Convention and Exposition on June 12, Edwind G. Foulke Jr., the Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health, provided an outline of OSHA’s priorities in 2006.
Here is a summary.
- New HexChrome standard
- Pandemic Flu Preparedness – avian influenza virus
- GHS – Globally Harmonized System of Classification and labeling Chemicals
- PELS – Permissive Exposure Limits
- Health Standards – Crystalline Silica and Beryllium, respiratory protection
- Safety Standards – explosives and general work conditions in shipyards, electrical safety and vertical tandem lifts
- Nanotechnology – risk assessment and safety & health standards.