Osha has released “OSHA Offers Best Practices Guide for First Aid Programs”, a guide for developing workplace first aid programs.
The guide four key elements for a successful first-aid program.
- management leadership and employee involvement
- worksite analysis
- hazard prevention and control
- safety and health training
The primary steps for implementing are:
- Identifying and assessing workplace risks;
- designing a program that is specific to the worksite and complies with OSHA first-aid requirements;
- enstructing all workers about the program, including what to do if a coworker is injured or ill. Policies and program should be in writing;
- evaluating and modifying program to keep it current, including regular assessment of the first-aid training course.
You can download the entire guide (pdf) here
Here is listing of First-aid training materials (books, videos, manuals) we offer.